Remember The Poor
"Remember The Poor" is the one thing the apostle Paul was asked to do by the leaders of the church in Jerusalem as he went on his missionary journey. For the Vineyard movement, caring for the poor, the marginalized, and the socially vulnerable has always sat at the center of our kingdom make up. Help your congregation understand what it means to create community with, and among, the poor – as they hear from others who have taken Jesus at his words.
Part of The Distinctives Series: These first five booklets in the Series, with reflections from over 25 different contributors from around the Vineyard, will connect your congregation with key ideas central to our shared Vineyard mission.
The Distinctives Series is for every pastor, leader, and individual member of your congregation. Each booklet is also an excellent teaching tool for newcomers and those getting to know the Vineyard. It's also perfect preaching material for your Sunday messages!
Written in an accessible and passionate style, each 24 page booklet will inspire your church members to engage with God, and our Vineyard calling, in a fresh, powerful way.Formats Available:
2. What Jesus Said About The Poor
3. What The Poor Mean To Us
4. How Can We Serve The Poor?
5. Becoming A Compassionate People
- A narrative teaching exploring a unique Vineyard distinctive
- 5 "reflections" from various leaders around the Vineyard world
- Clear sections for preaching messages or teaching classes
- A conclusion giving a "next step" for engagement
- A colorful, brightly designed booklet series for your church brochure rack
- A powerful tool to excite your congregation about the Vineyard
- A perfect teaching tool for small groups and newcomer classes
- A fresh way of talking about what it means to be a Vineyard church
- A moving call to kingdom discipleship
25 Contributing Authors To The Series
Brian and Thora Anderson | Christena Cleveland | Christian Dunn | Mark and Karen Fields | Homero Garcia | Brenda Gatlin | Jeff Heidkamp | Bill Jackson | Dianne Leman | Caleb Maskell | Derek Morphew | John and Eleanor Mumford | Rich Nathan | Steve and Cindy Nicholson | Rick and Becky Olmstead | Jay Pathak | Lance and Cheryl Pittluck | Jim Pool | David Ruis | Adam Russell | Jamie Stilson | Rose Swetman | Phil and Janet Strout | Mike Turrigiano | Jamie and Michelle Wilson | Dan Wilt | John Wimber